"I'm a writer, you monsters! I create! I create for a living! I'm a creator! I am a creator! This is my uniform!"
Of all the Coen brothers, Miller's Crossing (better than Godfather, ok i said it!) is the one (which my local video store has) and I keep watching because there is nothing better than Gabriel Byrne and the Irish Mob. But last nite one of the benefits of inner city travel is that Barton Fink was in.
This movie was released back in Year 12 days, I remember walking up to the video store on Glenhuntly Road to hire. It is still the best profile on the mind and life of the writer. "I'm a writer, you monsters! I create! I create for a living! I'm a creator! I am a creator! [points to his head] This is my uniform!"
While we're on the rights and remuneration of the writer and where it intersects with (10% done) next gen enterprise search, intelligence and syndication services, this Dow Jones acquisition/integration of Generate is interesting via PaidContent : "Generate crawls public web pages for company exec profiles, mission statements etc, then reassembles this metadata as an interlinked database that will be sold to DJ customers.. takes us down potentially a new path ... to go out and harvest content that you can find - not take it lock, stock and barrel, but just the interesting bits - take names, put them in a structured database and create new content assets simply by extracting the juice that we can find elsewhere. It has the potential to change the cost side of the equation without affecting the revenue side.. There’s a part of me that says the original author always ought to benefit from it - but it’s difficult to see in practical terms how you would do that.”
Jack Lipnick: I run this dump, and I don't know the technical mumbo-jumbo. Why do I run it? Cause I got horse sense goddamit, SHOWMANSHIP! And also I hope Lou told you this, I am bigger and meaner and louder than any other kike in this town. Did you tell him that Lou? And I don't mean my dick is bigger than yours, it's not a sexual thing. You're a writer, you know more about that. Coffee?
Dreaming about : Nice house in Cape Schanck (via apartment therapy dot com)
This movie was released back in Year 12 days, I remember walking up to the video store on Glenhuntly Road to hire. It is still the best profile on the mind and life of the writer. "I'm a writer, you monsters! I create! I create for a living! I'm a creator! I am a creator! [points to his head] This is my uniform!"
While we're on the rights and remuneration of the writer and where it intersects with (10% done) next gen enterprise search, intelligence and syndication services, this Dow Jones acquisition/integration of Generate is interesting via PaidContent : "Generate crawls public web pages for company exec profiles, mission statements etc, then reassembles this metadata as an interlinked database that will be sold to DJ customers.. takes us down potentially a new path ... to go out and harvest content that you can find - not take it lock, stock and barrel, but just the interesting bits - take names, put them in a structured database and create new content assets simply by extracting the juice that we can find elsewhere. It has the potential to change the cost side of the equation without affecting the revenue side.. There’s a part of me that says the original author always ought to benefit from it - but it’s difficult to see in practical terms how you would do that.”
Jack Lipnick: I run this dump, and I don't know the technical mumbo-jumbo. Why do I run it? Cause I got horse sense goddamit, SHOWMANSHIP! And also I hope Lou told you this, I am bigger and meaner and louder than any other kike in this town. Did you tell him that Lou? And I don't mean my dick is bigger than yours, it's not a sexual thing. You're a writer, you know more about that. Coffee?
Dreaming about : Nice house in Cape Schanck (via apartment therapy dot com)



<< Home