Thursday, September 11, 2008

no longer a slut machine. still a fkn gr8 writer.


DSC05423
Originally uploaded by louisa_catlover
Tracie, the postfeminist blogger formerly known as The Slut Machine, whose blog OneDatAtime + editorship of Jezebel, is a total must read as well as her weekly dont ask your mother in law these questions Q+A Vlog Pot Psychology. But just as any good person should keep every1 guessing and neverB too predictable, she's getting married "Making a Ho a Housewife" hehe, and the minutae of how to keep her blogs mother in law readable are worth a scan :

Jezebel : "I had dinner with my future mother-in-law this weekend, and she asked my what I do for a living and stuff. I explained to her that I write for a women's interest website and then she said, "Will I be able to figure out what you've written when I go to the site? Is your byline on your stuff?" After getting over some temporary mortification at the idea of this woman reading some of the shit I've said here, I realized that it's about time that I retired this moniker, too. It's actually become increasingly embarrassing that I've been known as "Slut Machine" for this long. Not because of the name itself, but if I had known that it would follow me in my career, I would've given it more thought when I came up with it. In fact, I sort of just made it up off the cuff when I was commenting for the first time on my own site. The idea was to call myself something cheesy like "Sex Machine," but I thought that didn't sound feminine enough, so I swapped out "Sex" for "Slut." I didn't even realize that it sounded like "slot machine" until an embarrassing amount of time later."

Currently Hooked on : The Vagabond Set having Lohanesque moments. Is this the best sub-title for a blog : "mischeif & manic marbles of the mayhem-esque me’s"