Friday, September 12, 2008

i'd yammer as well as twitter, instead of, or preferably within basecamp.


never_ending_friending
Originally uploaded by redbarren
Interesting dilemma posed by Fred Wilson (Brad Feld seemed in opposite camp) re whether a twitter for the enterprise is wanted for microblogging or whether employees are consumers prefer the original, bottom up consumer centric twitter. I love twitter, but with clients and competitors on it and monitoring I can't really say certain things. So some of the features, authority provision and features of yammer (company email address) sounds really attractive to me.

So would I use yammer over twitter ? No. Would I use yammer for the microblogging portion of my collaborative projects over the equivalent non-existent features in basecamp ? (then hopefully thru api's and feeds suck yammer functionality back into basecamp) - Totally. So I see a future for yammer. And for those that think a derivative of twitter cant win; Ask the flickr guys about youtube. I hear uploading and tagging of videos is going to be real big :)

A VC : "This is one of the reasons we've struggled so hard to invest in "enterprise 2.0" at Union Square Ventures. We have tried pretty hard to find companies that we can invest in that bring the new web technologies to the enterprise, but often we've found what happens is that consumers (ie employees) bring the web technologies they use every day to work and they prefer that."









Liking the Idea of :
A Really Small DSLR, via Panasonic PR.