when russell crowe is your IT support...
Got the car back yday, $2279 later and geez is that clutch engine schweet. Feel like I've picked up my dream CaymanS. Obviously I've got a backlog of 3 days of meetings which is going to mean the 800km service I have to take the car back for, is going to happen pretty damn quick.
What happens when I've been off the road, and thus in front of my 24" imac goodness for a week is that when I see people they're quite strange, but then I start talking and um it goes from there. Anyway, so yday was the typical find an office in Underbelly Mafia land of Carlton. The meeting isnt in the office but the first floor above a cafe outsourced board room. As the Chairman said 'they bring us food and coffee.' Cant complain there.
Where I can complain is how many 14 minute gaps am I never going to get back from laptops not connecting to plasma's. Burl's vista machine gets a 'no signal' from most monitors, unless he reboots once connected. And with vista thats at least 8 minutes. Then there's alot of F7 or was that F5, do I need to press shift-alt, what the! And the macs are just as bad or worse, requiring a dongle to attach. And the new dongles dont actually work with the old ibooks.
It's also a 12 minute period u dont want to lose, as its when u r meeting people for the first time. Scary thing is I know the next time im in that situation, I'm likely to replace Russell Crowes telephone, with the infringing laptop and throw that out the first floor of the cafe window.... It is Carlton after all...
What happens when I've been off the road, and thus in front of my 24" imac goodness for a week is that when I see people they're quite strange, but then I start talking and um it goes from there. Anyway, so yday was the typical find an office in Underbelly Mafia land of Carlton. The meeting isnt in the office but the first floor above a cafe outsourced board room. As the Chairman said 'they bring us food and coffee.' Cant complain there.
Where I can complain is how many 14 minute gaps am I never going to get back from laptops not connecting to plasma's. Burl's vista machine gets a 'no signal' from most monitors, unless he reboots once connected. And with vista thats at least 8 minutes. Then there's alot of F7 or was that F5, do I need to press shift-alt, what the! And the macs are just as bad or worse, requiring a dongle to attach. And the new dongles dont actually work with the old ibooks.
It's also a 12 minute period u dont want to lose, as its when u r meeting people for the first time. Scary thing is I know the next time im in that situation, I'm likely to replace Russell Crowes telephone, with the infringing laptop and throw that out the first floor of the cafe window.... It is Carlton after all...



<< Home