Being Flickr Dumped and Open Source Customisation + Integration Costs : A Monday Post.
So 3.5 years of flickr, thousands of photos, over half a million views, blah, deleted. And you didnt even call. You could have broken up with me by text message, or email. Have you no feelings flickr* ? My heart should hurt more, but nothing hurts on a Monday coming off a cold, its hard work full stop, u expect this type of stuff. So on this theme I agree with Reuven on open source, customisation and integration - going thru such a review myself at moment :Ostatic : "The bottom line is that even the best, most flexible software will almost never work precisely the way you need -- and this is doubly true when it has to play nicely with legacy systems. Open standards make it easier for computers to interoperate with one another, but they don't remove the need for customization."
* My new alterego username redbarren@flickr is here. Who knows for how long. And I cant parse my flickr favourites to feedburner so I can blog syndicate them to my sidebar. Assholes.


<< Home