Cranking the Cab on the Web 1.5 Freeway
This week has been absolutely krazy - what with arthritis attacking my knee at start of week (and 2 days of followup pain) then finding a doctor who inject cortizone because the specialist said it would take till February and cost $500, and finalising some snazzy investment docs, meeting about vertical structured blogging indexes and planning the 2.0 social media consumer and enterprise platform.
It's been a krazy week - which would all make sense in a Miami Vice White 997 C4S-Tech Art Cabriolet, for those so inclined. Give me the black version but anyway for moment I'll dream, I'm back to coast for 48 hours to finish these documents and deliverables (which are always the outcome from lots of meetings)
But I couldn't pass on this analysis of Yahoo's "Social Search" implementation, another buzzword (derivative of Social Media) which I had to drop (hey at least it's not "Senseo" or "Splendor" ala Daily Source Code advertising - which is the first implementation I know of where implicit product placement is made so explicit and repetitive.)
Instead listen to the 400th episode of Keith + The Girl : I've also dropped the last few eps of Hoodhype.com into the Ipod as well as the 29th Loudspeakers sophisticate sound of The Raj.
Thomas Hawk on Internet Stock Blog, probably had like many, bigger dreams about how Yahoo and in this case digg could have been married, but it could be google and blogger/youtube and any other Gemaya/Web 2 acquisition, the integration outcome is often that 1 + 1 does not equal more than 2. What you often end up with is Web 1.5.
Flickr as an independent could have done one new vertical, called video (and become the YouTube of Video rather than the other way around), and the rest as they say is Web2 History and more like a Medium episode where Patricia Arquette runs around chasing her sweaty dreams. It's the story of the early flip.
Thomas Hawk on Internet Stock Blog : "Sure, Yahoo! put little delicious logos on Flickr pages. Sure, in a largely symbolic and PR move, Yahoo put flickr images on 4 different keywords in web search. But largely the vast power of the social networks that Yahoo has assembled have been unable to integrate the power of these social networks into search."
It's been a krazy week - which would all make sense in a Miami Vice White 997 C4S-Tech Art Cabriolet, for those so inclined. Give me the black version but anyway for moment I'll dream, I'm back to coast for 48 hours to finish these documents and deliverables (which are always the outcome from lots of meetings)
But I couldn't pass on this analysis of Yahoo's "Social Search" implementation, another buzzword (derivative of Social Media) which I had to drop (hey at least it's not "Senseo" or "Splendor" ala Daily Source Code advertising - which is the first implementation I know of where implicit product placement is made so explicit and repetitive.)
Instead listen to the 400th episode of Keith + The Girl : I've also dropped the last few eps of Hoodhype.com into the Ipod as well as the 29th Loudspeakers sophisticate sound of The Raj.
Thomas Hawk on Internet Stock Blog, probably had like many, bigger dreams about how Yahoo and in this case digg could have been married, but it could be google and blogger/youtube and any other Gemaya/Web 2 acquisition, the integration outcome is often that 1 + 1 does not equal more than 2. What you often end up with is Web 1.5.
Flickr as an independent could have done one new vertical, called video (and become the YouTube of Video rather than the other way around), and the rest as they say is Web2 History and more like a Medium episode where Patricia Arquette runs around chasing her sweaty dreams. It's the story of the early flip.
Thomas Hawk on Internet Stock Blog : "Sure, Yahoo! put little delicious logos on Flickr pages. Sure, in a largely symbolic and PR move, Yahoo put flickr images on 4 different keywords in web search. But largely the vast power of the social networks that Yahoo has assembled have been unable to integrate the power of these social networks into search."



<< Home