Obsession with the DAILY/HOURLY metrics
Havent blogged since Friday. Pathetic eh ? As my friends say it must mean I'm working if I'm not posting. Definitely true, but also chronic depression has kicked in since watching Melbourne lose to Carlton at the Telstra Dome on Saturday - a slippery ground they just cant play. As a result I've had to exercise, enjoy interesting dinner conversations, go for long contemplatful beach walks, and make resolutions to play the down the corridor, tackle hard and be aggressive and direct.
Best post I've read in last few days is from Tom Hackoff Evslin, who gives a very interesting answer to the question about the daily habits of the entrepreneurial CEO : "If I’ve gotta pick one thing it’s an obsession with the DAILY metrics of whatever business I happen to be in. Hell, sometimes I even look at the hourly numbers"
I've got to say I share his hourly obsession with real time stats. Heck before I launched gnoos, I never knew how many ways there were to search for a turkey slap ! I'll zone off now and go pick up some cheap stats. Speaking of which, my marketing analyst is telling me I need a representative sample size if I'm to use the multiple choice results to drive my Web Directions talk this Thursday at Bell's Hotel Moray St in South Melbourne @ 6pm (it's not really a talk, more 2.0 standup comedy with intelligence) You should come down, if anything to be a voyeur of who the Melbourne Web 2.0 is made up of.
Best post I've read in last few days is from Tom Hackoff Evslin, who gives a very interesting answer to the question about the daily habits of the entrepreneurial CEO : "If I’ve gotta pick one thing it’s an obsession with the DAILY metrics of whatever business I happen to be in. Hell, sometimes I even look at the hourly numbers"
I've got to say I share his hourly obsession with real time stats. Heck before I launched gnoos, I never knew how many ways there were to search for a turkey slap ! I'll zone off now and go pick up some cheap stats. Speaking of which, my marketing analyst is telling me I need a representative sample size if I'm to use the multiple choice results to drive my Web Directions talk this Thursday at Bell's Hotel Moray St in South Melbourne @ 6pm (it's not really a talk, more 2.0 standup comedy with intelligence) You should come down, if anything to be a voyeur of who the Melbourne Web 2.0 is made up of.



<< Home