My TagCloud Lessons
Saturday morning here and what a week. The thing about hypergrowth (at a industry, company and personal level) is everythinge escalates. A sequence of great things can happen. Followed by problems. Which get ironed out. And then good things. It can be really busy and then deathly or peaceful silence. After about a week of 4-5 hour sleeps, one ends up with a healthily mashed head. (i did used to always complain about not using my brain in a corporate, quite the opposite in a startup)
Snapshot of my week : Internet speed tweaks needed because of Feed Indexing size/frequency and databases; Technical Infrastructure +ongoing plan for new projects; Finding/speaking to developers; Coordinating flights, speaking + accomodation; Getting public transport; Connecting with people I havent seen for ages in the industry; Preparing powerpoints; Identifying and implementing 53 design changes with teams in different time zones; Building new revenue opportunities and formulating the paperwork around that; Scheduling Photographers; Closing deals with resourced partners. Presenting .ppt :)
I had a fun night at Web Directions Melbourne pre-amble event in a pub in Moray Street on Thursday eve. It's amazing seeing bloggers, blog readers, developers and interested parties at these events. Like in person ! They exist; Who knew avatars had a physical representation. (i like most small scale bloggers assume that no-one reads my blog...)
Today is Saturday and that means MCG, Long Room and the Number 3 team (mine - Melbourne) vs Number 4 (Sydney, reining premiers - who have won last 3 and were at shorter odds in the paper yesterday.) So I definitely need some yelling, football adrenalin and amber to clean out the brain. No Web 2.0 today. Not even a hyperlink in this post. (does that mean I'm buying into the whole "attention/no-linking" debate ?) Who cares - Go Dees.....
Snapshot of my week : Internet speed tweaks needed because of Feed Indexing size/frequency and databases; Technical Infrastructure +ongoing plan for new projects; Finding/speaking to developers; Coordinating flights, speaking + accomodation; Getting public transport; Connecting with people I havent seen for ages in the industry; Preparing powerpoints; Identifying and implementing 53 design changes with teams in different time zones; Building new revenue opportunities and formulating the paperwork around that; Scheduling Photographers; Closing deals with resourced partners. Presenting .ppt :)
I had a fun night at Web Directions Melbourne pre-amble event in a pub in Moray Street on Thursday eve. It's amazing seeing bloggers, blog readers, developers and interested parties at these events. Like in person ! They exist; Who knew avatars had a physical representation. (i like most small scale bloggers assume that no-one reads my blog...)
Today is Saturday and that means MCG, Long Room and the Number 3 team (mine - Melbourne) vs Number 4 (Sydney, reining premiers - who have won last 3 and were at shorter odds in the paper yesterday.) So I definitely need some yelling, football adrenalin and amber to clean out the brain. No Web 2.0 today. Not even a hyperlink in this post. (does that mean I'm buying into the whole "attention/no-linking" debate ?) Who cares - Go Dees.....



<< Home