Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Tantek's SXSW Microformats


Tantek's SXSW Microformats
Originally uploaded by benbarren.
One of the reasons I switched to Macs at start of 2005 is I never wanted to see or use powerpoint again. I must have written 1000 presentations (cuttoff point being they took at least a full day of work, and all I got wasnt a lousy tshirt.) So I would have loved to have seen Tanteks.ppt in person (@SXSW where im totally going next year) I particularly like this slide, and I dont really want to pump it up too much, because I think there's gold in that there black background. hDis, luv it ! Even Bill Gates at Mix06 is getting it : "We need microformats and to get people to agree on them. It is going to bootstrap exchanging data on the Web…

…we need them for things like contact cards, events, directions…"