Thursday, March 02, 2006

Colloidal Silver : Embedded WSJ 'Reporter' into SEO 'Splogs'


mtv podcaster
Originally uploaded by benbarren.
Damn, I been feeling a bit buggy in a 'not sleeping enough, has it caught up with me, but drive thru it' kinda way, but this tech.meme'd WSJ article about a East Coast Finance ManWench going Deep Cover, is tres hilarious : "I managed to get underbid on numerous jobs before snaring one from a Web entrepreneur I would come to know as "Whirlywinds." I would have to write 50 articles, each 500 words long. Topics to be assigned. Pay: $100. For everything. My first assignment came a few days later. " The topic would be 'colloidal silver,' " Whirlywinds informed me. But then he added a caveat: "Please EXCLUDE any negative comments, as I sell this product online." Colloidal silver is one of those bits of medical quackery that thrive on the unregulated Web. I told Whirlywinds I'd rather pass. He then suggested "bird flu." I was told to describe "where it hibernates for hundreds of years… how quickly it mutates to infect other animals… how it mutates so that it can be passed from human to human." None of that was true, so I spent a day and a half reading Web sites and interviewing Journal reporters who have covered the issue. (At 15 cents an hour, good thing I had a day job.) I worked very hard to make the piece a useful introduction to the topic." Poor Whirlywinds - he is going to have to change his username and maybe even paypal details - I hope he doesnt lose his reputation rank at the rentacoder, renta-chopper-editor sites !

David Jason: It's completely synthetic, therefore no growing, no refining, no peasants. Best of all, no international borders, no customs agents. There in that case in front of you are two detailed prospecti on marketing, anticipated cash flow, and so forth.
Hector Guzman: You racist Americans. You just want to cut us poor Hispanics completely out of the market.
David Jason: No, Mr. Guzman. I think you know that there's no such thing as an American anymore. No Hispanics, no Japanese, no blacks, no whites, no nothing. It's just rich people and poor people. The three of us are all rich, so we're on the same side.