Thursday, February 09, 2006

Scarlett Johannson Repping IACI Vanity Fair


vanity fair hollywood
Originally uploaded by redbarren.
I'm reading the Interactive Corp (IACI) Financial Results Transcript (Barry Diller is always funny/interesting) And given they own such a range of online ecom intermediaries - from citysearch, to match.com and many travel/mortgage brands (60 in total), its always a good read. As is Tom Ford's Vanity Fair Hollywood Issue. "At the risk of repeating myself, and in contrast to every other online or interactive public entity, our strategy is to establish leading brands across the spectrum of consumer interactivity. We’re now with 60 brands and a worldwide monthly audience of more than 260 million people. This is a conglomerate with many distinct transactional, subscription and advertising business models. But ours is a conglomerate that operates a whole slew of businesses only in the interactive and online sector. This gives us the ability, I think it’s a unique ability, to use our growing expertise and our best practices across our landscape in ways no one else can. As internet bandwidth grows and convergence increases our scale, expertise and ensemble of brands and business models ought to give us the real competitive advantage."

Graydon Carter : "If I could boil the Tom Ford experience down to a single element for you, it would be the yellow Post-It note I found stuck to a photograph of Angelina Jolie that was pinned to the wall of Vanity Fair's planning room. In small handwriting were the words "Leave in butt crack. TF."