KeiraKnightley Lunching with JamesGross@Feedster
I thought this story might have been on Valleywag, but soon realised the company didn't have a large enough market cap, have flipped, or be a Sand Hill Slave - and it involved a group of rising character actors; I think it was James Gross from Feedster (ive not got great vision) with Keira Knightley. After her Tom Ford/Scarlett naked Vanity Fair cover, Keira wanted to be known for her brains, not just personality. James was listening very intently so I didnt want to interrupt. "One of the reasons we are in favor of full text feeds here at FeedsterLand is the fact that we only crawl and index feeds. Similar methods of indexing are employed by search engines like Google BlogSearch. If a blog, or any publisher with a feed, is only publishing the partial text of a feed then that is all that we can index. Maybe this is not that big of a deal right now, but in time not giving yourself the full opportunity to be optimized in an index is probably not a plus if job #1 is traffic and revenue. More importantly, feed syndication provides what every media has been trying to conquer for many years; taking content and distributing it in multiple channels with some control and minimal overhead cost. So not only am I ‘James’ on http://…, but I am also ‘James’ that is partially syndicated on other websites, on the train in someone’s reader in the morning, in an OPML file of favorites, and indexed in Feedster or Google. Whatever form of syndication allows you to reach the widest possible audience will generally serve you the best. Right now, access to the widest possible audience is available through full text feed syndication." Oh, and when will celebrity endorsements come to Web 2.0 ? Even Friendster had a fake Pamela Anderson page.



<< Home