Sunday, January 08, 2006

Jason Calacanis to Star in Film Funded by Sergey/Larry


scoble_199.jpg
Originally uploaded by scobleizer.
Jason Calacanis may be going to Sundance, and the Stanford film Serg + Lars Not Von Tier, is funding is at Sundance, so The Sundance Connection is probably just a coincidence. I dont think its true that Jason Calacanis, in the movie-blook hackoff spinoff, will be playing the Tom Evslin lead role. Jason's 2.1 Post Flip method acting is pretty schweet though - Corporate write you a big cheque, you take some photographs, pay for dinner on AOL's credit card, smartly license back and improve your bloggingtool, and then head off to Sundance to get some LA Lohan bootydance. Word. Jason - can you release an mp3 file of Robin Williams audio, because Mensa Boys Mathematics Professors arent releasing the choice cuts. (LAMBEAU : "Look, I don't know what else I can say. I'm not sitting at home every night, twisting my mustache and hatching a plan to ruin the boy's life. But it's important to start early. I was doing advanced mathematics at eighteen and it still took me twenty-three years to do something worthy of a Field's medal.") From JC2 (JC1 is a backstreet boy) : "We had a blast this year, and tonight we'll be hosting dinner for our 15 bloggers who are really enjoying the feeling of having done the best coverage of CES--EVER! We did over 100 posts a day and we had millions of page views... Michael Dell told us he reads the site everyday, the videos we did came out great... I'm just so jazzed up. Having AOL backing us up has really helped us to take our game to a whole new level... Next: I'm off to Sundance with the Cinematical team!!! (Note to self: I love my life...)"

WILL : Say I'm working at N.S.A. Somebody puts a code on my desk, something nobody else can break. So I take a shot at it and maybe I break it. And I'm real happy with myself, 'cause I
did my job well. But maybe that code was the location of some rebel army in North Africa or the Middle East. Once they have that location, they bomb the village where the rebels were hiding and fifteen hundred people I never had a problem with get killed. (rapid fire) Now the politicians are sayin' "send in the Marines to secure the area" 'cause they don't give a shit. It won't be their kid over there, gettin' shot. Just like it wasn't them when their number got called, 'cause they were pullin' a tour in the National Guard. It'll be some guy from Southie takin' shrapnel in the ass. And he comes home to find that the plant he used to work at got exported to the country he just got back from. And the guy who put the shrapnel in his ass got his old job, 'cause he'll work for fifteen cents a day and no bathroom breaks. Meanwhile my buddy from Southie realizes the only reason he was over there was so we could install a government that would sell us oil at a good price. And of course the oil companies used the skirmish to scare up oil prices so they could turn a quick buck. A cute, little ancillary benefit for them but it ain't helping my buddy at two-fifty a gallon. And naturally they're takin' their sweet time bringin' the oil back and maybe even took the liberty of hiring an alcoholic skipper who likes to drink seven and sevens and play slalom with the icebergs and it ain't too long 'til he hits one, spills the oil, and kills all the sea-life in the North Atlantic. So my buddy's out of work and he can't afford to drive so he's got to walk to the job interviews which sucks 'cause the shrapnel in his ass is givin' him chronic hemorrhoids. And meanwhile he's starvin' 'cause every time he tries to get a bite to eat the only blue-plate special they're servin' is North Atlantic scrod with Quaker State. So what'd I think? I'm holdin' out for somethin' better. I figure I'll eliminate the middle man. Why not just shoot my buddy, take his job and give it to his sworn enemy, hike up gas prices, bomb a village, club a baby seal, hit the hash pipe and join the National Guard? Christ, I could be elected President.