Carmen Electra wants to Linkedin with Jeff Jarvis
"Invitations", the "viral" or "network effect", "adding friends", are all terms you'll always hear in pre-social networking project, kick-off meetings. ("I'll be able to write off this fixed cost investment, once the viral effect kicks in") I'm with Mike Arrington and Jeff Jarvis here : All Plaxo and some Linkedin invites are spam. And while most of the linkedin invites come from good quality respondents (ie people i know or would like to) the generic content of the default email that most people except Charlie keep, seems to be very Opt-Out email List circa 1999) It's been pointed out for awhile that a fundamental issue with linkedin, is that the network effect has more value for bottom feeders crawling up, than CEO's wanting that Chairman seat. Although I must say doing a recent search for angel investors / australia combined with 10 free direct invites (plus ability to contact my 1 + 2 degree contacts) is pretty damn useful.
Oh, and Jeff before i forget, Carmen wants to link in with you, and here are her latest plaxo contact details ;) The BuzzBuzz Machine : "I think it’s particularly nervy of people I’ve never met to ask me to declare them friends and I have yet to find a single worthwhile contact out of Linked-In, but I will at least throw a link to people I actually have done business with. But in both cases, I have the gnawing fear that I’m thrown into a transaction that neither player truly controls."
Oh, and Jeff before i forget, Carmen wants to link in with you, and here are her latest plaxo contact details ;) The BuzzBuzz Machine : "I think it’s particularly nervy of people I’ve never met to ask me to declare them friends and I have yet to find a single worthwhile contact out of Linked-In, but I will at least throw a link to people I actually have done business with. But in both cases, I have the gnawing fear that I’m thrown into a transaction that neither player truly controls."



<< Home