Yahool.icio.us becomes Off.icio.us
Remember when Yahoo bought flickr and suddenly it was always down... They said it wouldnt happen again - Its starting to feel like the cycle of domestic violence to me, otherwise known as $25m-$35m 2.0 M+A Tagging Integration Pains. Anyway, so what happened is del.icio.us wasnt working for me most of last night (aussie time say 18 hours ago) - I didnt really think about it, except given I tag 20 items a day or so and people subscribe to those, and I use them in my work, I had to resort to icky bookmarks and tag them properly later. Now I've sent out an important work email with links to del.icio.us tagged items and the page Im linking to says : "del.icio.us is down for maintenance. we'll be back in one hour."
It should say : "We got bought by Yahoo and we are very excited, but the money just cleared, and Yahoo is transferring del.icio.us over to their servers, so dont blame us if it doesn't work for awhile. You knew what to expect. But it will get bigger and better, I Promise."
Im being tongue in cheek as.. if they are transferring del.icio.us to the Y-Infrastructure then good on them for doing it so quick. But maybe you could tell me the del' user, rather than giving me some courier-ish font, 11 words, and a whitebackground. Unless it wasnt planned. Which is worse. This is an error message I cannot remember seeing on del.icio.us all year. Someone may say its mentioned on a blog somewhere. Well tag it and hyperlink from the 404 page already. Yahool.icio.us allright. Or just Just Another Officio.us' etc. And I love my previously del subdomain, oh well time to get "Off" ! Not that I will, heck I will add it to my 2 flickr account, 2 yahoo mail accounts, myyahoo settings, and other profile pleasures.
'The name Yahoo! is an acronym for "Yet Another Hierarchical Officious Oracle"'
Officious, adj : intrusive in a meddling or offensive manner; "an interfering old woman"; "bustling about self-importantly making an officious nuisance of himself"; "busy about other people's business" [syn: interfering, meddlesome, meddling, busy, busybodied]
It should say : "We got bought by Yahoo and we are very excited, but the money just cleared, and Yahoo is transferring del.icio.us over to their servers, so dont blame us if it doesn't work for awhile. You knew what to expect. But it will get bigger and better, I Promise."
Im being tongue in cheek as.. if they are transferring del.icio.us to the Y-Infrastructure then good on them for doing it so quick. But maybe you could tell me the del' user, rather than giving me some courier-ish font, 11 words, and a whitebackground. Unless it wasnt planned. Which is worse. This is an error message I cannot remember seeing on del.icio.us all year. Someone may say its mentioned on a blog somewhere. Well tag it and hyperlink from the 404 page already. Yahool.icio.us allright. Or just Just Another Officio.us' etc. And I love my previously del subdomain, oh well time to get "Off" ! Not that I will, heck I will add it to my 2 flickr account, 2 yahoo mail accounts, myyahoo settings, and other profile pleasures.
'The name Yahoo! is an acronym for "Yet Another Hierarchical Officious Oracle"'
Officious, adj : intrusive in a meddling or offensive manner; "an interfering old woman"; "bustling about self-importantly making an officious nuisance of himself"; "busy about other people's business" [syn: interfering, meddlesome, meddling, busy, busybodied]



<< Home