Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Fight the System

Paul Montgomery and I met today to discuss Fridays Long Tail Camp which is a BBQ and show'n'tell for Downunder 2.0 accomplices (with sleepover for kickass coders ;) In his homoerotic fantasies Paul specified a 'topless Orlando Bloom' for the quote ladies unquote. While most of the women I've respected/known are more Sean Penn/Johnny Depp fans, I'm too inherently post-modern to want to be both the Playboy and Playgirl of Web 2.0. Category killers as Fred Wilson says, will beat generalists in this latest new economy. But I do believe in the "River of News" and this 73 year old topless male came through Rojo "freshly updated" after being down this morning and a sequence of meetings. Within my family, I have 2 brothers who are twins, 18 months younger (im first born, aries and right), and the connection between twins I've learnt is more than telepathic. Anyway. A dumb Vietnamese-Australian's twin-brother was a heroin addict and had ran up a debt with Triads, so his brother said he would smuggle in a relatively small quantity to pay off the debt. (about a years supply for one addict worth, no criminal history) He got busted in Singapore getting his flight to Australia because he was running late and his sunglasses set off security alarms. He soon confessed and bawled to guards when they questioned him further about the sunglasses, which led to what he had strapped around his body (which hadnt set off alarm). So Paul sorry, no Orlando Bloom, I'm sure you can drive some page views for Flickr on your blog, but I thought you wanted to know more about this centerfold : He is The Executioner of the Other Twin. From BoingBoing - "He is 73 years old, has been on the job since the 50s, and has killed over 500 people. He works "wearing simple casual clothes, often just a T-shirt, shorts, sports shoes and knee-length socks," and gets S$400 per kill -- he's a Manchester United supporter."

R
emember kids, dont do drugs, or sell them, or go to Indonesia, and dont strap them to your body. Watch Kill Bill-2 and learn the skills of the Ancient Masters...

Hattori Hanzo: I'm done doing what I swore an oath to God 28 years ago to never do again. I've created, "something that kills people." And in that purpose I was a success. I've done this, because philosophically I'm sympathetic to your aim. I can tell you with no ego, this is my finest sword. If on your journey, you should encounter God, God will be cut.