The Flickrlicio.us Front Row
Nick Starr is an Apple freak. Give me another 10 years and I will feel I've paid my Apple dues, having started on a Commodore 64 around 1983 (Grade 3 or so) where I downloaded Galaga onto a cassette and played it after school. During my dotcom days I was a Sony Vaio guy, but if I was honest I was a corporate /startup /VC/ highnetworth whore who took whatever new computer was given. It's nice to be spend all money on hardware of my choice and I choose Dell. (Jeff Jarvis joke) So, bad segueway to NickStarr's Flickrlicio.us which is back up, without ads. Congrats, minus costs (legal joke, lets just get things sorted eh ?) Fortunately it's Web 2.0 so users, revenue and profits are cascadingly less important. Time for a beautiful baby from the park, like Riya, to combine CSI techniques for the masses, with contextual image ad revenue based on hot/not/geo/contextual/blaagh measures. BTW, Curry is raving about the 'Front Row' "10 Foot Interface" for G5 Imac 20" - the new model, doh - i am so out of date. From a once Product Director for Apple : "Once during keynote rehearsal, he told me my presentation was terrible and that if I couldn’t get it together it would have to be scratched. Obviously this was quite upsetting to me, but as I continued to work on it I realized two things: first, he was absolutely right; this was my first keynote and I was very nervous that day. Consequently my delivery was not nearly up to the standard of the rest of the presentations. Second, he had made his comments knowing full well that it would motivate me to bring my work up to Apple’s level. When it was over I received many compliments on how well it went, including one from Steve. To a casual observer it might have appeared that Steve had been very hard on me, but I feel just the opposite. He made me see that I could do much better, and I did. This aspect of Steve’s style contributes immeasurably to the Apple’s almost magical ability to do things that no other company can do."



<< Home