Saturday, October 01, 2005

Ajaxian Love not Everything


amy- ginger62
Originally uploaded by Merina.
Alot of people think ajax is the do-all and end-all. I love Ajax too - Like I love the 1980's 930 4 speed manual Porsche 911 : With more power comes more blah, responsibility etc. Plus reliability and servicing issues. I'm especially worried about losing the back button, and the ability for basic consumers to navigate and know where they are on a page. I can see a CSI forensic user investigation for this. From the KevB-meister : "Here's a quick checklist of things developers miss and most AJAX applications fail at:

1. Does the ESC button dismiss a dialog box?
2. What happens if you pull the network out from under an AJAX application? Does it still work? An error dialog should at least be raised.
3. What about keyboard navigation including CUA style key bindings. For example in GMail page down doesn't work on autocompletion. It does in my native app..."

The 930 came standard with a 3.3L Turbo holding around 330bhp combined with a 4 speed manual. This one harnesses a 3.6L Turbo with complete working. 6 Speed gearbox and over 480bhp make this one hell of a car. The usual increased turbo size and intercooler has been done as well as the exhaust, however it is the next step after that, which sees things begin, the engine has been bored from 3.6-3.8L, which is enormous and also a Boost control has been added, so that the car is basically... A ROCKET Timed 0-100km h is done in under 4 seconds and this can be achieved in 1st gear second gear sees 185km h so the rest is up to your imagination because I am not keen to test the theory on Australian roads, and it couldn't be known the true poetential even on the track.