Tuesday, August 30, 2005

You Gotta Respect Branson Bravado


get the new range stormer
Originally uploaded by redbarren.
And the English are even beating Australia in the Cricket, namely The Ashes, which is behind The Masters in Golf, and the Hawaii Triathlon. Interesting that the stick-twins are probably worth similar net amounts - TBC. (they have great businesses run by other people selling to Tweens in Malls, Target etc) Back to the British Thrillseeker, that always causes trouble in Australia : Good interview if you are a Virgin :

"What's the craziest thing you've done?"

"About 15 or 20 years ago I pulled the wrong string when I went skydiving for the first time. I got rid of the parachute rather than opening it. It was not very clever, and I was declared "wally of the decade" by the skydiving federation."

"What's up next ?" (homie)

(Peace) "Well, the most exciting thing is the space travel company (Virgin Galactic). We're building five ships to be ready in 2 years. Myself and my family will be flying, and we hope thousands will enjoy the experience as well. We'll send people up to space for a three-hour trip. They will be astronauts and experience weightlessness, and they will see the earth is round. We're giving people the opportunity to experience space without the inherent risks of NASA. Our technology is 30 years younger than NASA, and we fly suborbital so we don't have the same heat buildup. It's much safer. I'll be the first to fly in the new spaceship. It's an important statement for Virgin Galactic. And in fact if I wasn't willing to, people would understandably wonder why not. It's important to be willing do things yourself. And it's quite fun."