Oh Yeah, Odeo Funders Named
I'd blogged the venturevoice.com podcast with evan williams a fortnight ago, that odeo.com - the podcasting wanting-to-be-all-in-one player, has got funded. Well the other day when Curry got Kleiner/Sequioa I didn't add the names of odeo funding. Odeo's financiers + structure is representative of the smaller rounds being done by 2.0 companies setup by successful cashed out 1.0 entrepreneurs - who fund their new ventures till their business is operational, then get what I call 'expansionary seed' by serial entrepeneurs turned VC's / angels : "Charles River Ventures led the deal, along with some local tech notables, including Joe Kraus, Tim O'Reilly, Ron Conway and Mitch Kapor."
Evan Williams (@evhead.com) who sold his first Valley company blogger.com to Google had this to say : "First, the news came out that Kliener and Sequoia invested in Adam and Ron's Podshow. Congratulations, guys! And in the no-really-I-was-going-to-post-this-today-anyway department, Odeo has a little news of our own. Yes, VCs (and angels), as well. Fun stuff. I'd like to write more about the experience of raising venture capital, which was not something I've done before. (I raised angel and small-corporate-venture money and been an angel investor and worked for a VC-funded company but never done the Sand Hill Road thing. It wasn't so bad—although, I suspect our experience was atypical.) Perhaps I'll podcast some ramblings on that. For now, I gotta go build a company."
Evan Williams (@evhead.com) who sold his first Valley company blogger.com to Google had this to say : "First, the news came out that Kliener and Sequoia invested in Adam and Ron's Podshow. Congratulations, guys! And in the no-really-I-was-going-to-post-this-today-anyway department, Odeo has a little news of our own. Yes, VCs (and angels), as well. Fun stuff. I'd like to write more about the experience of raising venture capital, which was not something I've done before. (I raised angel and small-corporate-venture money and been an angel investor and worked for a VC-funded company but never done the Sand Hill Road thing. It wasn't so bad—although, I suspect our experience was atypical.) Perhaps I'll podcast some ramblings on that. For now, I gotta go build a company."



<< Home