Friday, August 26, 2005

Jessica Coen on Work, Life + How RSS Changed her Life


i agree gwen
Originally uploaded by benbarren.
From MsCoen : "I tend to handle the social stuff, but sometimes Jesse does. A lot of it is just how our schedule works, we have to be up so early and not only be awake, but writing, and it's kind of hard to have an original take when you've got a hangover. A lot of the time unless it's something particularly huge, I'm gonna send the party crashers. Also, I do Gawker all day, it's a 10-hour-a-day job -- and I'm not complaining -- but I kind of like to have my evenings to myself... I used to be like that, but then I embraced my RSS feed and it's changed my world. I hated it for about the first seven months, then I finally started using it ... but now it makes such a difference. It's good that one of us is reading blogs and one of us is focusing on mainstream stuff because we're aggregating conversations, both high and low. It's good to be focusing and criticizing and commenting on Slate and the Washington Post and everything, and it's also important to find content on these smaller Web logs because there are how many millions of people writing out there? For some people Gawker is the only blog-type thing they read, so I think it's really valuable to pick up a lot of smaller items from smaller sites and interesting quirky things that you may not see otherwise."