Tuesday, August 30, 2005

How will OC match Laguna Beach ?

"In the past, if 'Laguna Beach' was a hit, you wait a few months and put out the DVD and then make sure you've got some information on MTV.com - but all of that was very ancillary," Mr. Graden said in a telephone interview. "Our proposition is that it's not ancillary. In fact, it's reinforcing, all feeding each other."

My advice as a script advisor would be to have more barfage. To actually have less digested bits, with some more digested bits (like when you mix dry dog feed, with fresh goodies) then I'd get New York Times to write 1400 words about teenage relationships, and even though all teenagers have felt different and rebellious, those that grow up in Laguna Beach, and (BTW) are on a TV show of same name (coincidence, and in fact if you havent grown up here, thats fine, you can move like Ryan in OC) - To finish, and from here I ad lib, and moving into fiction, I hear Green Day are Punks. Get them to sing a song. With Melody. I agree with KeithandtheGirl.com Podcast. No Punks. No Sir.

"It began a campaign that gave its audience the feeling they were already living in a "Laguna Beach" all-media universe. For those who did not catch the three-minute "Laguna Beach" commercial playing in 2,200 movie theaters across the country, there was a compilation CD. The "Laguna Beach: Complete First Season" DVD included bonus features that ranged from behind-the-scenes material (original casting tapes, deleted scenes) to old film that had been enterprisingly repackaged (a clip reel titled "Laguna Looks" featured show regulars in close-up as their trademark expressions - hound-dog lust, raised-brow surprise, squinty-eyed jealousy - register on their camera-ready faces)."

"My aunt told me that she saw it up in Wal-Mart," Ms. Conrad said. "The first time I ever was in a Wal-Mart, and it's on a poster."