Thursday, July 28, 2005

Technorati Wants You !!!


psp 2.0 white
Originally uploaded by benbarren.
I like Technorati because I still use it before Google (OK sometimes) and Feedster (definitely) and their VC is cool (how messed up I like a company because their VC used to be called Softbank and the posterchild of VC Investing !) From Mr Sifry their founder, his sales pitch to you prospective Product Managers and Engineers, reprinted in full text RSS feed :

"Lots has been going on since I've last had the chance to blog. It really is true what they say about the cobbler's kids having the worst shoes. I know so many people who have gone to work for companies in the blogging industry that now rarely have time to blog. c'est la vie! Anyway, here's some of the neat stuff that's been going on, in no particular order: Technorati is hiring! We're looking for a great Product Manager and Marcom Manager, Analytics Engineer, Project Manager, Web Applications Engineer, and are always on the lookout for great Search Engineers. We've recently won some awards as well: A 2005 Forbes Best of the Web Favorite, and we were named as an AlwaysOn 2005 Top 100 Private Company. Both are humbling, and we give many thanks for the kind recognition.

There's been a lot of great press: BusinessWeek just did a story, Wired News had a column, The New York Times had a couple of nice mentions, USAToday, Wall Street Journal, and lots more.We have been working really hard on performance and scalability improvements, See the next post. While we've been building out and scaling the infrastructure, that hasn't stopped us from rolling out some new features as well! Yesterday we released a beta language filtering service - this lets you filter search results by language, which was one of our top feature requests. More about it here. I've also been working with the team on a new State of The Blogosphere report, updated with statistics through July 2005. I'll be posting about it over the next few days. Some tremendous growth, with the blogosphere expanding in leaps and bounds."