Its Microsoft Day - Ajax, RSS, Spaces
Maybe I should go back to Redmond in their Evangelists/PR Division. They certainly are in the blogosphere and media today, after their 'Analyst Day' : Key messages :
1. MSN Spaces - #1 Blogging Site/Network : 18.5m blogs, 55m unique users mth, 10% of all RSS Feeds WOW
2. Launching a 'Linkedin or Friendster like' "Friend of Friends" service, almost so late it might work - They will just pre-enroll push offers to Hotmail, Messenger and Spaces clients, doh. (oh and MSN !)
3. MSN.com did $1.39 BILLION in ad revenue in last year !
4. New Hotmail solution will be all AJAX'y, ala their start.com team of 3 RSS reader which is pretty funky
5. Moving msn.com search from delivering 'links' to 'answers' - good luck. (I still surf the web for an experts site - unless MSN are going to scrape site content I dont want Britannica/Wikipedia/Anzwers.com type search result)
1. MSN Spaces - #1 Blogging Site/Network : 18.5m blogs, 55m unique users mth, 10% of all RSS Feeds WOW
2. Launching a 'Linkedin or Friendster like' "Friend of Friends" service, almost so late it might work - They will just pre-enroll push offers to Hotmail, Messenger and Spaces clients, doh. (oh and MSN !)
3. MSN.com did $1.39 BILLION in ad revenue in last year !
4. New Hotmail solution will be all AJAX'y, ala their start.com team of 3 RSS reader which is pretty funky
5. Moving msn.com search from delivering 'links' to 'answers' - good luck. (I still surf the web for an experts site - unless MSN are going to scrape site content I dont want Britannica/Wikipedia/Anzwers.com type search result)



<< Home