Thursday, July 28, 2005

Ana Marie Cox : Post Dot Com / Pre Web 2.0


deedee cont... si
Originally uploaded by benbarren.
Ana Marie Cox sub-edited then edited the best blog ever - suck.com - and now a denton pussy @ wonkette.com. She reflects on post dotcom life and pre Web 2.0 exhuberance : "I was a blogger, and here I was at the New York Yacht Club drinking free booze surrounded by all these well-connected young Republicans. I felt incredibly conspicuous in Levis and this shirt I'd literally cut the sleeves off of 30 minutes before because I'd decided they were too frilly. This was a ridiculous period - there were more stories about bloggers covering the convention than there were things for us to write about. Conventions are such incredibly stage-managed things that reporters are starving for anything they can claim is different from four years ago. So it became 'Bloggers are here!' I'm sure that as soon as they can figure out how to get podcasters on TV, bloggers will disappear."