Thursday del.icio.us Links
A Keroauc inspired post : "Yahoo goes RSS, with a training wheels version that "scales up" to the same A-List level Apple's podosphere does. Dive deep, and you switch… to Bloglines/Ask Jeeves/IAC. Bloglines / Newsgator / Pluck break when the news explodes. In the last week, we've seen Microsoft teleport themselves to 2010, Apple beat their iTunes deadline by a month, and the Supreme Court carve out a huge win for the P2P clueful, namely Skype. Net net: I'm overwhelmed by quality on top of quantity. Relevance is the byword, and attention is the lingua franca. Who can play that game? Rojo is already in the hunt. Startups are flooding my Gmail. Off the record, everybody gets it. On the record, it's always darkest before dawn."
When blogging, and reading blogs is a chore. "I would like to. I really would. I like it and I like you. But we're now well past the point where any of us can keep up with all the blogs worth reading from the people worth keeping up with. Even with an aggregator. I just can't do it any more. I've been faking it for a while. Months. Maybe a year. If we've met and I look confused about something you told me, and if you said, "I blogged it," as if that should be explanation enough, I've made some excuse as if I read every one of your posts except that one."
Feedburner keep up to date : "For the more than 7,000 podcasts currently running through FeedBurner, we will very soon provide the ability to enter additional podcast description data via our SmartCast service, which we will ensure gets delivered with the appropriate RSS extensions to iTunes, Odeo, and others."
Newsgator keep up with the back end syncronization and enterprise feature-set, but what will we see in the consumer space ? "We've developed what we have called our 3rd-generation synchronization API. NewsGator Online implements this API, and Outlook edition 2.5 uses it for content sync. The upcoming FeedDemon 1.6 uses this same API for sync. And we're opening up and documenting the API for you to use, too. Watch for more about this in the next couple of days - as soon as we iron out a few things, we'll publish the docs and sample code, and we'll tell you about some folks who are already working with it."
Congrats to Topix for looking outside the U.S even if it is only to Canada ;) ! "Overall, Topix.net currently crawls and aggregates content from over 10,000 sources. More than 300,000 "news channels" are available including one for every US and Canadian public company and Zip Code. Every channel also has an RSS feed. In March of 2005, three large newspaper publishers acquired 75% of Topix net. The company also has partnerships with Ask Jeeves, CitySearch, AOL, Wondir, and Findory."
Scobleizer talks about what might be the ultimate meta-scrape-trackback-rss-tool ever ! :"I'm playing with some secret new technology that makes the tech blogging world even flatter. Not from Microsoft (the inventor asked me to keep it quiet until he's ready to release it). But, it totally is going to change how I blog (and it really already has although I can't change my style until you all get it too). It brought me Leslie's blog, for instance. It also will make comments unneccessary. Why? Because there are systems coming that'll match up -- in minutes -- a main post and all the comments being made about that post."
Is the Shuffle going multi-meg - Im a believer and a user, but with that much memory I will really need a screen to find podcasts : "there’s a report that Samsung and Toshiba are ramping up production of their 8Gbit NAND flash chops because Apple is planning to bust out a 2GB version of the iPod shuffle in June, with a 4GB version to follow in August."
When blogging, and reading blogs is a chore. "I would like to. I really would. I like it and I like you. But we're now well past the point where any of us can keep up with all the blogs worth reading from the people worth keeping up with. Even with an aggregator. I just can't do it any more. I've been faking it for a while. Months. Maybe a year. If we've met and I look confused about something you told me, and if you said, "I blogged it," as if that should be explanation enough, I've made some excuse as if I read every one of your posts except that one."
Feedburner keep up to date : "For the more than 7,000 podcasts currently running through FeedBurner, we will very soon provide the ability to enter additional podcast description data via our SmartCast service, which we will ensure gets delivered with the appropriate RSS extensions to iTunes, Odeo, and others."
Newsgator keep up with the back end syncronization and enterprise feature-set, but what will we see in the consumer space ? "We've developed what we have called our 3rd-generation synchronization API. NewsGator Online implements this API, and Outlook edition 2.5 uses it for content sync. The upcoming FeedDemon 1.6 uses this same API for sync. And we're opening up and documenting the API for you to use, too. Watch for more about this in the next couple of days - as soon as we iron out a few things, we'll publish the docs and sample code, and we'll tell you about some folks who are already working with it."
Congrats to Topix for looking outside the U.S even if it is only to Canada ;) ! "Overall, Topix.net currently crawls and aggregates content from over 10,000 sources. More than 300,000 "news channels" are available including one for every US and Canadian public company and Zip Code. Every channel also has an RSS feed. In March of 2005, three large newspaper publishers acquired 75% of Topix net. The company also has partnerships with Ask Jeeves, CitySearch, AOL, Wondir, and Findory."
Scobleizer talks about what might be the ultimate meta-scrape-trackback-rss-tool ever ! :"I'm playing with some secret new technology that makes the tech blogging world even flatter. Not from Microsoft (the inventor asked me to keep it quiet until he's ready to release it). But, it totally is going to change how I blog (and it really already has although I can't change my style until you all get it too). It brought me Leslie's blog, for instance. It also will make comments unneccessary. Why? Because there are systems coming that'll match up -- in minutes -- a main post and all the comments being made about that post."
Is the Shuffle going multi-meg - Im a believer and a user, but with that much memory I will really need a screen to find podcasts : "there’s a report that Samsung and Toshiba are ramping up production of their 8Gbit NAND flash chops because Apple is planning to bust out a 2GB version of the iPod shuffle in June, with a 4GB version to follow in August."


<< Home