It's Friday and I Want To Be a Superdistributor
I still remember around 2000/1 having a vigorous discussion with a German International Business Development Director in a SF warehouse that had a mini basketball court - the startup I think was called Accompany.com that did the whole group buying, wanting to be post ebay, play.
So social commerce that has had many a false start, but is an interesting theoretical place, now that blogs, myspace, youtube, facebook have such reach and widgets are not yet that regulated in terms of revenue share, code blocking and terms. The consumer-creator is allowed to insert code to sell, promote and distribute. So I like Fred's concept of "SuperDistribution". It's definitely got a mass-micro future, because all it really is, is very targeted advertising that sells stuff economically. If the economics worked better than adsense then it could get very interesting.
A VC : "I've wanted to be a superdistributor ever since. When I talk about music, books, politics, Sonos, Blackberry, MacBook, or anything else, I want all of you to be able to click and buy. When I buy something, I want to be able to pass it along to everyone else and get paid for doing that. And I want the people who created the thing I pass along to get paid too."
So social commerce that has had many a false start, but is an interesting theoretical place, now that blogs, myspace, youtube, facebook have such reach and widgets are not yet that regulated in terms of revenue share, code blocking and terms. The consumer-creator is allowed to insert code to sell, promote and distribute. So I like Fred's concept of "SuperDistribution". It's definitely got a mass-micro future, because all it really is, is very targeted advertising that sells stuff economically. If the economics worked better than adsense then it could get very interesting.
A VC : "I've wanted to be a superdistributor ever since. When I talk about music, books, politics, Sonos, Blackberry, MacBook, or anything else, I want all of you to be able to click and buy. When I buy something, I want to be able to pass it along to everyone else and get paid for doing that. And I want the people who created the thing I pass along to get paid too."
<< Home