Saturday, March 03, 2007

"I'm not interested in the serial killer thing.."


QuentinPresentsBijou
Originally uploaded by benbarren.
I'm fond of saying that the projects you "attach" yourself to (without sounding like a wnker), become like a Director's bio of films. Of which David Fincher (Fight Club, Se7en, Panic Room) with his low/non existent failure rate, and creepy, noirish, yet accessible films - has one of the best portfolios. So I'm looking fwd to Zodiac - his new film.

VH1 : "I'm not interested in the serial killer thing, I'm interested in Eliot Ness. I'm interested in the de-mythologizing of Eliot Ness. Because, you know, "The Untouchables" was only two or three years of the Eliot Ness story. There's a whole other, much more sinister downside to it. And so that's of interest to me. We want to make it the "Citizen Kane" of cop movies. I also want to make a CG animated movie. And I've been talking about doing a remake of a movie I really liked in the '70s, "The Reincarnation of Peter Proud." Ever see that? And there's a World War II movie that Robert Towne is writing that I really love. All kinds of stuff."

I'm off to Tyson's bucks night today (once i check time) Not sure how many serial killers will be there.