Wednesday, January 11, 2006

30" Imac G6 OSX/Win HDTV : GarageBand Podcasts


beckinsdale
Originally uploaded by benbarren.
Steve Jobs today made most of us Mac Users a bit more out of date. But its a deal with the devil going in. (nano users have had the most potential post purchase dissonance - first with the video ipod and now fm-remote : ironically I still love my shuffle because nothing is smaller yet, but am saving for 60g black ipod video) My 20" Imac is half as slow as the new one (and 1/4 thicker as it is first gen G5 !), and I think my 6 month old Ibook must be at least 4 to 6 times slower. I'm not too concerned really. I love this 20" screen. And I dont enjoy fixing my moms windows machine. The only thing that would get me really hot would be a 30" Imac with dual boot Win/OSX. (incl HDTV + Cable TV/PVR reception playing all the time and I'd be pretty much done - btw which product eg eye, is best for Tv on Imac G5 ?) Listening to the Jobs keynote today, I am interested in whether the podcasting extensions announced for GarageBand will be the right app to record podcasts, without relying on someone elses microphone. From Apple, care of PodcastingNews : "The best way to record music on a Mac is now the best way to record podcasts. Podcasting in GarageBand 3 puts you in the control room of your own full-featured radio station. And new iWeb integration gets your voice on the Internet in minutes."The update supports recording podcasts, special "podcast sounds", interview recording via iChat, and one-click publishing. It also features iMovie scoring, which may be useful for video podcasters." How much is this going to cost me if Ive got GarageBand on two Macs already ?